Sunday, September 18, 2011

Photo Fiend


Rich with the borrowed puppy, Nala.
Tonight I decided to deal with some old photos.  I haven't uploaded pictures to Facebook in several months, except for one album from my trip to Des Moines.  I bet I have tens of thousands of pictures on my computer.  You could say I'm addicted to taking pictures.  My camera goes with me everywhere I go, and when I don't have it, I usually regret it.  I've included a random sampling of memories from my new facebook album "Forgotten Photos"....

Alexa and Greer, the first time we met Greer <3

 
I LOVE taking pictures.  I actually took 2 photography classes in college, but you would never guess that from looking at my photos!! I'm still not very good at candid photos.  The best photographs of mine are of nature and other things that sit still.



The thing I love the most about photography is that, not only can you remember a memory forever, but you can also see what you did not catch before.  Life looks a little different in freeze frame than it did when you were busy living it.



Ellie being terrifying! (All she did was meow!!)
My mother always says, "Life looks so fun in pictures!"  It does.  Usually because it is!  I don't take pictures to make my life SEEM fun.  I take pictures because I am HAVING fun.  For me, part of the fun IS taking the pictures.

People seem to act a bit differently when there is a camera around.  They want to act in a way that they want to be remembered.  At parties, the action is ramped up when the camera comes out.  People start smiling more at all times, for fear of being caught on camera with a nasty look on their face.  A camera is an instant smile machine.


Hanging out with Jonathan and Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment