Thursday, September 15, 2011

Love and Learn

I believe that when someone comes in to your life, it's because you are supposed to learn something from them. They come at just the right time and offer you just what you need.

After getting out of two relationships in a row that left me emotionally drained and damaged, I found someone who was good to me and appreciated me for who I was.  He was certainly not perfect- but I thought so.  I met him just when I needed someone to bring me back to life.  When he left, I thought that eventually he might come back after we both did some growing up.  But now I don't hope for that any more.  Him walking away was also what I needed.  When I was with him, I was able to hold on to my life at college and didn't need to fully immerse myself in my new life.  Since then, I've become a part of my new community and moved on to a new phase in my life.  

Every new place, every new job, every new group of friends is a new phase.  Sometimes a few people come along into the new phase, but there is no reason to mourn those who stay a part of the past.  Take pictures to remember the past and look back to appreciate what it was.  Keep in contact with friends (thank goodness for Facebook!) and visit if you can.

Learn what you can while friends are here and be thankful for them after they are gone.  Keep on loving and learning.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment