Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Internet Gets Me All Hot and Bothered

As a crafter, I get a lot of my inspiration from the interwebs.  I use Stumbleupon and Pinterest to find new ideas for crafts and ways to use all of the junk I buy at garage sales and thrift shops. 

Here are some of my own versions of crafts I've found, along with the link to the original inspiration.

I've made this headband with this flower on top.



I've made this garland, but with scraps from the t-shirts I use to make these rugs.


I've taken this idea to make a similar picture out of colored paper.

I made these paper flowers with old book pages.  Gorgeous.


I saved up toilet paper rolls for this project, too!

I've tried these magnets, with glass beads from Dollar Tree and magazine clippings. 
Total cost: ~13 cents each.


I've made this wreath from scraps and thrift-shop finds.

My stuff generally looks a little folksy, but I'm getting better!  Really, I just love creating things and being able to say "I made this."

No comments:

Post a Comment