Thursday, September 15, 2011

me and my woes

I am pretty extroverted, in general.  However, when it comes to my sadness and my insecurities, I tend to be intensely introverted.  Because I am generally confident in myself as a person and outspoken, no one seems to notice that I'm not really that confident physically.  It's not that anyone ever makes fun of me or makes me feel bad about my appearance.  I am my own worst enemy, I know.

I used to be able to see my eyes and my smile and good things about myself.  Lately I'm wondering how much a new face would cost.

Last weekend when I was hanging out with one of my mentoring girls, she asked why I didn't like her cousin.  I told her that he made fun of my acne and made me feel bad about myself.  She said "I don't think your acne looks bad on you.  Your acne looks good with your skin color."  I about DIED laughing at her sweet comment.  I know that she cares about me and wanted to make me feel better.  I'm not sure anyone else has ever been told that their acne looks good.  I've heard so many people say stupid things like "I don't even notice," that only make me think then you weren't looking at me.

I even feel self-conscious at home by myself sometimes.  But Ellie won't judge me, so I should at least relax when I'm on my couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment