Sunday, September 4, 2011

Choc-ana Cupcakes with Nutella

I love baking cupcakes!  In fact, one year for Christmas, my boyfriend-at-the-time's mother bought me 500 Cupcakes, a cupcake pan/ 2 tier carrier, a cupcake rack and other assorted cupcake tools.

I have modified a recipe from 500 cupcakes to make chocolate-banana cupcakes!


2 sticks butter/margarine (softened)
1 cup sugar
2 cups self-rising flour
4 eggs
3 mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup cocoa powder

Nutella (for frosting)

Preheat oven to 350F

Grease muffin tin (batter could yield 18-24 muffins) or use paper baking cups.

TIP:  Grease the top of the pan, not only the cups.  This helps the muffins slip out even if they grow above the rim of the cup.

Combine butter, sugar, flour and eggs until smooth.  Stir in Banana.  Add cocoa to taste.  I estimate that I put about 1/3-1/2 cup in the batter.

Bake 15-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.  Don't have toothpicks?  I use a knife to the same purpose.

TIP:  I've been known to burn my cupcakes by walking away and forgetting about them until I smell them burning.  I found a great tip in Real Simple Magazine.  Allow the muffins to cool, then use a grater to gently scrape off the burnt outer edger.

Frost with Nutella!!

TIP:  Kroger Brand Hazelnut Spread also comes in a crunch version and it is DELICIOUS!


No comments:

Post a Comment