Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Spirits Lurking Everywhere

Kindred Spirits, that is.  Today I spoke with a woman in my office- a very experience and intelligent attorney- with whom I agreed with at almost every turn.  We spoke, initially, about child support.  However, once business was finished, there was an off-hand comment made about politics.  Of course, I couldn't let that one lie once it was thrown out.  We touched on everything from the "debt" to the grant process and my future run for political office.  Getting to know someone who shares the same dreams and ideals as you is so rejuvenating.  It's like a fresh log placed on the fire within.  Right now, with my nose in my books instead of on the grindstone, my fire had started to weaken.  I manage to find so many people like I met today.  It restores my faith in humanity after sitting in this office where murder, assault, rape and so many other heinous crimes are discussed so casually.

No comments:

Post a Comment