Thursday, June 16, 2011

Weenies for Everyone

Today's Topic:  Anthony Weiner.  Of course, it is because it just won't go away.  Even now that he has resigned, it still won't go away, I'm sure.

I do not condone his actions, as he is a public official.  However, he is also a human being.  We all have flaws.  We can all be a little pervy every once in a while.  He went about the whole thing wrong.  He should never have commented on the story AT ALL.  It never would have gotten to this point if he had declined to comment.  I feel terrible for his wife who is being dragged through all of this. However, as the wife of a public official, you pretty much agree to have your personal life put on blast.

However, However, However.  Sex scandals kind of fascinate us all.  For a country so obsessed with sex, we can't help but waste time talking about the sexual endeavors of our celebrities and public officials.  So I guess we should thank Weiner for his exciting side show.

As far as the media goes, I won't make much comment.  The media spends 62 hours making a big deal out of trivial matters like balloon boy and other missing white children all the while running a 15 second spot on REAL news.  Stop wasting my time.  Stop wasting YOUR time!  I wonder how you feel about your job when you recap at the end of the night and your top stories were Anthony's Weiner and Sarah Palin's 2+ year old e-mails.  Sad.  You can do better.

I didn't learn anything new today.  I went to school for Political Science and Mass Media.  I guess I couldn't help but make a comment on this heinous abuse of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment