Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Corny Movies with Sword Fights

After LEARNING how debilitating a little "bug" can be to my productivity, I've decided to recover from the flu by procrastinating some more.  More movies and air-conditioning.

Tonight on the Netflix: First Knight.  I'm such a nerd for these kinds of movies.  Of course, we've come so far from the days of feudal lords, but one quotation really stuck out to me:  "In serving each other, we become free."

I'VE LEARNED that chivalry isn't dead.  In the media, we see examples of shameless self-promotion and greed.  But in my day-to-day life, I've met so many people who are serving others.  Its these selfless, engaged and compassionate individuals who inspire me to continue trying to make a difference.  Its comforting to know that an idea so medieval (though, no doubt a modern idea plugged in to the legend) as this still has relevance in a seemingly disconnected world.

No comments:

Post a Comment