Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Event Planning Extraordinaire

I was quoted in the local newspaper, The Herald and Review, for an event that I am putting on to celebrate Martin Luther King Day.  Together with some fellow AmeriCorps VISTA members, I have planned (what I hope will be) a great event!

For AmeriCorps, MLK Day is not a day off, but a day "on" where members give back to their community by volunteering and hosting events across the nation to pay homage to the legacy of MLK.  Our event, Remembering the Dream, will feature local community leaders who have been working hard to make a difference in our community.  We want to address the question of "Where are we now on MLK's "dream" and how can we move forward locally to achieving the dream?"

I had no idea it was so easy to get publicity for your event.  All I had to do was write up a press release and send it to the Herald and Review and other local media stations (TV, Radio, etc.).  


This is just another thing I can add to my resume: Publicity Genius, Event Planning Extraordinaire.


No comments:

Post a Comment