Monday, December 12, 2011

I Love Loving Books

I found this 30-day book challenge, but I decided to answer all of the questions at once because I never post anything consecutively for 30 days, but I do love to talk about books!


  1. Best book you read last year: The Cure for the Modern Life by Lisa Tucker
  2. A book that you've read more than 3 times: Harry Potter.  All of them.  
  3. Your favorite series: Harry Potter and A Song of Ice and Fire
  4. Favorite book of your favourite series: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince; All of them except A Feast for Crows in A Song of Ice and Fire
  5. A book that makes you happy: Alice in Wonderland
  6. A book that makes you sad: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.  Such a tragic story.  I'm like my mother.  I hate when bad things happen to children in stories.
  7. Most underrated book: One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.  Beautiful story that most people have never heard of.
  8. Most overrated book: The Great Gatsby.  I HATE that book and every character in it!
  9. A book you thought you wouldn't like but ended up loving: Pretty Little MistakesThe cover (and title) were trite, but it was a really neat idea.  A choose your own ending book (like my old favorite Goosebump books) for adults!
  10. Favorite classic book: Jane Eyre.
  11. A book you hated: Lolita. I have never before HATED a book so much.  I could not even finish it.  The characters are disgusting and I couldn't handle it.
  12. A book you used to love but don’t anymore:  TwilightI read the first 3 books, then realized they were moronic and had bad moral lessons that I didn't want to learn and I don't want other young girls to learn.
  13. Your favorite writer:  Jane Austen, Lisa Tucker, John Steinbeck
  14. Favorite book of your favorite writer: Persuasion, Jane Austen
  15. Favorite male character:  Jon Snow and Tyrion Lannister, A Song of Ice and Fire
  16. Favorite female character: Hermione Granger, Harry Potter; Lizzie Bennett, Pride and Prejudice
  17. Favorite quote from your favorite book: "Reading is the magic key, it takes you where you want to be." from the Allice in Bibleland stories that my mother used to read with me when I was little.
  18. A book that disappointed you: The NotebookThe movie was So much more engaging. The book was written for 5th graders.
  19. Favorite book turned into a movie: Pride and PrejudiceThe Keira Kightly version is my absolute favorite movie of all time.
  20. Favorite romance book:  Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson.  It is so sweet and sappy.  I loved it.
  21. Favorite book from your childhood: Can't You Sleep Little Bear? by Martin Waddell
  22. Favorite book you own:  I own all of my favorite books!  I hoard books.
  23. A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t: The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.
  24. A book that you wish more people would've read:  Catch-22.  I mean, I know that TONS of people have read this book.  But it never seems to be on anyone's reading list.  So few of my friends have read it.
  25. A character who you can relate to the most: Athena from The Witch of Portobello
  26. A book that changed your opinion about something: Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.
  27. The most surprising plot twist or ending:  A Game of ThronesThe whole series is full of twists and turns, but after the first book you aren't quite as shocked when something shocking happens.
  28. Favorite title: A Game of Thrones.  Its a clever little phrase.
  29. A book everyone hated but you liked: I haven't really read any books that other people say they hated....
  30. Your favorite book of all time:  I will never answer this question.  My favorite book of all time is always the one I'm reading right now.
Some questions I've added:
  1. The book you recommend to others the most: The Red Tent by Anita Diament
  2. Favorite genre to read:  Fantasy or Classic Romance
  3. Last book you read:  A Dance with Dragons, the more recent book in A Song of Ice and Fire series.
  4. Book you are reading now: Love's Labor's Lost.  Every once in a while I need a bit o' Shakespeare back in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment