Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Just Keep Swimming

I've started working out again.  I should not even need to say that, because I should never have stopped.

I am not particularly concerned about the extra 10 pounds (although I certainly don't like that either).  I am mainly upset that I allowed myself to rely on coffee instead of natural energy endorphins. I am just generally happier when I'm working out.

Here is how it always happens:  I'm working out regularly, feeling really great and looking great.  Then I end up going to a training or home for the weekend.  I don't exercise while I'm away and then when I get back I cut out exercise to "make time."  Really, when I cut out exercise, I lose time because I spend more time in bed wallowing around trying not to wake up.

So all I need to remember is to just keep going, no matter how difficult or time-consuming it seems.  When I quit working out, it is SO much harder to start up again.  Solution:  Don't quit in the first place!


No comments:

Post a Comment